The CorkBIC 2021 Venture Academy®
Thursday March 25 2021
11:00 - 13:00
At the CorkBIC Venture Academy®, hear from 8 pre-screened investment opportunities across all sectors including MedTech, Sports, Life Sciences etc. This year we will be holding the event online, broadcast from Cork in conjunction with our Growth Pathway partners Cork City Council & Cork County Council.
We are also delighted to welcome our Guest Speaker Entrepreneur & Investor
Ciarán Mulligan - Building and Selling a Business
Ciarán Mulligan is an innovative Irish Entrepreneur who co-founded Blue Insurance in Oct 2003 and successfully sold the company in 2018. Ciaran was a very hands on business leader with expertise in sales and marketing, strategic planning, innovation, creativity, public relations and international operations. Ciaran left Blue Insurance in Oct 2020 at the end of the earn out period of the sale. Ciaran was a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2011. He also won Travel Industry Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 and was awarded “Businessman of the Year” in 2018 by Chambers Ireland. Ciaran has invested in a number of start-up companies in the past year including Kotancial.ie, which is one of Ireland’s leading provider of premium essential oils and diffusers. Ciaran has also invested in Eppione.com which is an Irish HR platform for small, medium and large companies. Finally, Ciaran loves to travel and set up TheFabulousTraveller.com blog in the past few years.
8 Business Selected to Pitch
Click HERE to find out more about the Companies
Investors, Seasoned Entrepreneurs, Startups & All Entrepreneurs - Why Attend?
- Hear from the some of the hottest Startups & Scaleups who have been carefully selected to pitch at the Venture Academy
- Pre-Screened investment opportunities
- Network and hear from other Investors & Seasoned Entrepreneurs
- Hear about the newest trends & sectors in Investing
- Full list of pitching companies to be published in advance
- Hear from Investor Ready Startups from Ireland and Europe from the comfort of your own home!
- If you are an early stage startup/Entrepreneur this is a great opportunity to hear and see what an investor ready pitch sounds and looks like and will help you prepare for the next stage
At the CorkBIC Venture Academy® those selected to pitch will get:
- Real feedback, advice and coaching on their pitch
- Selected companies will be invited to 2 sessions prior to the Venture Academy where they will get expert advice & feedback on a one-to-one basis from CorkBIC & Investors/Seasoned Entrepreneurs
- Post event feedback will also be provided
- Most Investible Business Proposition will be voted by the Audience on the day
- A unique opportunity to pitch to an audience of Irish and European Investors & Seasoned Entrepreneurs
- Since our very first Venture Academy™ in 2009 companies that have participated have raised over €12million in investment.
Applications to Pitch are NOW CLOSED
The Venture Academy® is part of the Growth Pathyway Programme which is run by CorkBIC with our partners Cork City Council & Cork County Council.