CorkBIC Advertising for a NEW CEO - Check out the details
29 August, 2022
Chief Executive Officer
Building the next generation of entrepreneurs and funds
CorkBIC is an organisation that identifies and builds knowledge intensive companies located in the Southwest Region of Ireland based on promising technology and capable, innovative people. CorkBIC is part of a network of over 150 BICs throughout Europe.
CorkBIC wishes to appoint a Chief Executive Officer who will be responsible to the Board for the efficient operation of the business of the Company. The successful candidate will ensure the continuous improvement of CorkBIC activities and its market position, whilst promoting its visibility and ensuring its excellent reputation.
- Implementation of the company Strategic Plan, Annual Operations and Budgets.
- Managing day to day staff operations, including team hiring, review, management and retention.
- Lead the team in engaging, coaching and mentoring early-stage innovative companies and entrepreneurs through their early journey to investor-ready stage.
- Tracking company performance against agreed SLAs & KPIs.
- Preparation of Financial reports for the Board, Funds & Partners.
- Leading the communication, on behalf of the company, with stakeholders, government entities and the public.
- Assessing risks and opportunities to the company.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with local and international investor communities.
- Promote and support Entrepreneurship and business development in the region.
- Increase the visibility of CorkBIC services and expand provision of these services to an ever-increasing number of CorkBIC Client companies.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage, motivate and develop people to achieve best results for the company and its stakeholders.
- Experience, knowledge and deep interest in innovative technologies.
- Excellent communication and people skills with an ability to build trust and grow a high performing team.
- Deep understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Strong commercial judgement.
- Deep understanding of the major needs, challenges and business issues facing entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and connect across internal and external stakeholders to the benefit of clients.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter outlining suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th September 2022.