Update re COVID-19 & EBAN Cork 2020 - Congress planned to go ahead in June
11 March, 2020
The EBAN Cork 2020 Annual Congress organisers would like to express their concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus and its global spread. Until further notice, the Congress is set to take place as planned on June 10th-12th, with the hope that the situation will improve over the next months.
However, as the health and safety of our members and Congress attendees is of utmost importance to us, we are closely monitoring the situation and are ready to take actions such as postponing the event should they become necessary. Our position will be reassessed throughout the coming weeks, with any important updates communicated on the Congress website as well as via email directly to all attendees. Any and all final decisions regarding the organisation of the event will be made by the end of April at the latest.
In order to alleviate concerns related to possible travel restrictions or postponement, we have implemented a flexible refund policy for the Annual Congress, with all attendees who purchase tickets being guaranteed a 100% refund should they wish to cancel their participation until May 31st.
We advise all attendees to book refundable travel and accommodation whenever possible, taking into account that, should more stringent travel restrictions be placed, even non-refundable bookings are likely to be refunded.
The EBAN Cork 2020 Annual Congress team will continue to work on organising a great conference that brings together Europe’s early stage investment and entrepreneurship community. We hope to see a drastic improvement of the COVID-19 virus situation in the coming weeks and hope to be able to welcome many of you to Cork on June 10th-12th.