The 2022 Entrepreneur Experience™
Friday 14th & Saturday 15th October 2022
Ballymaloe, Co. Cork.
The Entrepreneur Experience™ is a unique event for 24 High-Growth & Scaling Entrepreneurs to gain unparalleled access, advice and mentoring from 24 of Ireland’s most successful business leaders over 24 hours.
Huge thanks to our Partners Cork City Council, Cork County Council, Grant Thornton, William Fry, Broadlake and The Currency
Some highlights from the 2 days:
- 24 Emerging Entrepreneurs were carefully selected from over 50 applications
- 60% of the Businesses participating this year were founded or co-founded by Women Entrepreneurs
- 20% of the Emerging Entrepreneurs were Social, Sustainable and Impact driven Enterprises who are really making a difference in their areas
- 28 Seasoned Entrepreneurs participated led by Captain Pete Smyth, Broadlake, included Frank Madden Crest Solutions; Jim Barry, Barry Group; Gráinne Kelly, Bubblebum; Peter Crowley; Andrew O'Shaughnessy, Poppulo; Denise Tormey, PlanNet21; Johnny Walker, Patrick Hickey; Deirdre Mortell, Rethink Ireland;Tom Gannon & Niall McGrath, Cali Cali Foods; Chupi Sweetman, Chupi and many others.
We were delighted to welcome some great presentations and panel discussions to the main stage:
- How Business can all have a Positive Impact was addressed by Deirdre Mortell, Rethink Ireland
- Connor Murphy, Bridge; Denise Tormey, PlanNet21; Louise Cooney, CLOO and Chupi Sweetnam, Chupi discussed Unleashing the Power of your Network with Chair Larry O’Donoghue, CorkBIC;
- Frank Madden, Crest Solutions spoke about his journey From Bootstrap to Global - a fantastic honest presentation which was captured in an article by The Currency (Click Here for a link to the article)
- It all Starts with the Customer – Pete Smyth interviewed Shane Curran, EverVault
- Patrick Hickey, Mobility Mojo; Aoibheann O’Brien, FoodCloud; Kieran Coffey MyGug; and Tammy D’Arcy, The Shona Project discussed how Positively Impactful businesses are better businesses
- Our Group Chairs Julian Costley; Frank Madden, Aidan O’Driscoll & Brian Crowley discussed Learnings and Insights from the Group Sessions with Eileen Moloney, CorkBIC
The Emerging Entrepreneurs come from a huge range of sectors & Industries from Fashion to Food; Gin to AI; Social Enterprise to MedTech; Renewables to Hurleys; Software to coffee so there's something for everyone!! Our Media partner The Currency will shortly publish a profile of all 24 companies, so keep an eye out for that.
We are really excited this year to welcome 6 New Seasoned Entrepreneurs!
- Chupi Sweetnam is founder of Chupi. After a decade of working in the giants of commercial fashion, Chupi founded her eponymous jewellery line in 2013
- David Maguire, founder & CEO, BNRG, is an environmental scientist by profession and is 25 years in the environmental and renewable energy sectors.
- Deirdre Mortell is CEO of Rethink Ireland which she has built from the ground up. Deirdre has over thirty years’ experience of changing the world one step at a time.
- Shane Curran, founder & CEO of Evervault, is focused on building a ground-breaking data-privacy interface that developers can use when creating software and has its origins in a BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition
- Mark Brosnan, CEO & Co-founder, Getvisibility, has a track record in building SaaS and enterprise based product companies. Managing and controlling unstructured data at scale is a problem that Getvisibilty are solving with AI based distributed computing.
- Connor Murphy is the CEO of Bridge with a background in computer science, startups, venture capital, and management consulting. He was previously CEO and Founder of Datahug which exited to Nasdaq
These Entrepreneurs join our other Seasoned Entrepreneurs led by Captain Pete Smyth, Broadlake and include Frank Madden Crest Solutions; Jim Barry, Barry Group; Gráinne Kelly, Bubblebum; Peter Crowley; Andrew O'Shaughnessy, Poppulo; Denise Tormey, Planet21; Johnny Walker, Patrick Hickey, Tom Gannon & Niall McGrath, Cali Cali Foods and many others.