EBAN CORK WEBINAR
Deep Tech dive panel discussion, Fireside Interviews & Pitching Session
Thursday June 11th 2020
13:00 – 15:50 (Irish Time)
14:00 – 16:50 (CEST Time)
EBAN, CorkBIC and the European Investment Project Portal and key partners Cork City Council, Cork County Council and EY are pleased to invite you to the Changing Worlds Online Webinar, an afternoon event on Thursday June 11th including:
- Deep Tech Dive Panel Discussion on Disruption Across Sectors due to COVID-19 with a focus on Data & AI and Medtech
- Fireside Interviews with Leading Entrepreneurs, Investors and Corporates
- Global Investor Challenge – pitching event for Startups & Scaleups
Announcing Speakers and Participants for Changing Worlds
Herman Hauser – Entrepreneur & Angel Investor
Serial entrepreneur, angel investor, co-founder of Amadeus Capital, Hermann Hauser has successfully developed and financed 150 plus high-tech companies whilst offering inspiration and mentorship to the next generation of entrepreneurs.
Julian Costley – Entrepreneur & Angel Investor
An active angel investor in technology and media companies and serves as a chairman or non-executive director on a number of boards. He has just completed a book on crowdfunding; How To: Use Crowdfunding.
Julian Costley will be chatting to Hermann Hauser looking at a new future post Covid-19;
What sectors are ripe for disruption now and in the near future?
Creating startups, seeking funds, getting the right team, determination, pivoting, and planning for exit. What excites you at moment?
What’s the global impact of COVID-19 and the subsequent recession?
Edna Conway – VP & GM, Global Security, Risk & Compliance, Azure at Microsoft
Edna is globally recognised for value chain security and will be discussing Security in a Connected World
Neil Gibson, Chief Economist, EY
Neil will be sharing some insights into how different sectors have been affected; Emerging Trends & looking at possible exit strategies.
Who Should Attend?
- Inviting Investors, Entrepreneurs, Scaleups & Startups to attend & participate in this interactive afternoon event
- Corporates and Professional Services attend to see the latest innovations from some of Europe’s hottest Startups & Scaleup companies
- Startups and Scaleups can apply to pitch during the Global Investor Challenge, see below
Global Investor Challenge
Inviting Startups & Scaleups to pitch to Investors, Business Leaders and potential Partners
- Are you looking for investment to scale your company?
- Are you looking to get feedback from Entrepreneurs & Partners?
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to pitch to Investors and Entrepreneurs from all over Europe and beyond for Cross Border/Syndicate Investment!
We are looking for:
- Investor Ready Startups & Scaleups
- All industries including – Life Sciences, Space, CyberSecurity & AgriTech & Food
- Anyone engaged in tackling the Covid-19 as a core and/or an additional business opportunity
- Has already raised a seed round (at least 200K€ in the past 3 years, excluding grants and team’s own investment)
- Has a committed and experienced management team
- Is looking to raise between 1 and 5 million Euros
- EU based companies
- Is legally incorporated
- Can show a growth strategy and the potential to scale
Apply Online before May 15th
Please submit your investment project on the European Investment Project Portal (EIPP) following the instructions below:
Please read the Application Instructions carefully – click here: Startup Application Instructions