The Entrepreneur Experience® is a unique opportunity for Emerging Entrepreneurs to gain unparalleled access, advice and mentoring from some of Ireland’s most successful business leaders. This 24 hour experience includes networking, workshops and presentations. The sixth Entrepreneur Experience® is taking place on the 15th and 16th April 2016 in Ballymaloe, Shanagarry, Co. Cork.
We select 24 Emerging Entrepreneurs to participate in three distinct groups of Start-ups and Entrepreneurs, they are:
Entrepreneurs with a new idea, business plan and/or Strategy Road Map but not yet ready for investment
Entrepreneurs with an investor ready proposition
Entrepreneurs with an established business that is seeking to scale (Ideally a company of 10 employees and €1m+ turnover per year with the potential to grow rapidly in the coming years)
We invite 24 Seasoned Entrepreneurs, some of Ireland and Europe's most successful business leaders, to share their experiences and inspiration. Each Seasoned Entrepreneur mentors and coaches an Emerging Entrepreneur over the 24 hours.
Be Prepared this is NOT for the Fainthearted!
This is Real - this is the 2016 Entrepreneur Experience®
The call went out for Startups and Entrepreneurs to apply for the 2016 Entrepreneur Experience®. This 24 hour event is a unique opportunity for 24 Emerging Entrepreneurs to gain unparalleled access and advice from 24 of Ireland’s most successful Business leaders. The 6th Entrepreneur Experience® is taking place in Ballymaloe on the 15th and 16th April 2016.
Watch the 2015 Entrepreneur Experience®
Over the past five years the Entrepreneur Experience® has gone from strength to strength.
- Over 120 Emerging Entrepreneurs including Start-ups; Investor ready companies and scaling companies have participated from over 10 countries
- Over 60 Seasoned Entrepreneurs have participated; including Jim Barry, Barry Group; Larry Bass, Screentime ShinAwil; Liam Casey, PCH; Sean O’Sullivan, SOSVentures; Terry Fox, Cupprint; Grainne Kelly, Bubblebum; Bill Liao; David McKernan, Java Republic; Pádraig Ó Céidigh, AerArann; Peaches Kemp, itsa bagel…, Eleanor McEvoy, Budget Telecom and many more
- Of the 60 Seasoned Entrepreneurs, the top 20 have an average turnover of €54m and their average number of employees is 400
- 26 Enterprise Ireland High Potential Start-ups (HPSUs) have been approved
- 43 companies have subsequently raised investment
- Over €24.6m has been raised by the 43 companies who have raised investment
- Entrepreneurs have come from across the globe including, UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Chile, Rwanda, the US and all over Ireland, including Dublin, Derry, Galway, Meath, Limerick, Waterford, Kerry, Clare and Cork!
Pictured at the 2016 Entrepreneur Experience® in Dublin were Michael O'Connor, CorkBIC; Colette Sexton, Sunday Business Post; Pete Smyth, Broadlake; Fionnuala Wall, CorkBIC; Gerry Prizeman, Bank of Ireland; Darren Daly, ByrneWallace and Tom Lyons, Sunday Business Post (Photo: Maura Hickey, courtesy of The Sunday Business Post)
Speaking at the launch, Michael O’Connor, CEO, CorkBIC said “Over the past five years the Experience has grown to be a life and game changing event. It has assisted 26 High Performing Startups in getting Enterprise Ireland HPSU approval and 43 companies have raised €24.6m.”
Also speaking at the launch Pete Smyth, CEO, Broadlake; Captain of the 2016 Entrepreneur Experience© said“This is real, 24 of Ireland’s leading Entrepreneurs giving their time to help the next generation of Entrepreneurs. The event has become one of the key pillars supporting Irish Entrepreneurship in recent years. It’s high impact and not for the faint-hearted.”
Partners with CorkBIC for this event are Bank of Ireland, EY, Sunday Business Post and ByrneWallace.
The 2016 Entrepreneur Experience® will take place over 24 hours, from Friday the 15th to Saturday 16th of April 2016 at Ballymaloe Co. Cork. For more information on how to apply contact CorkBIC www.corkbic.com
Pictured at the Cork Launch; Kieran Drain, Tyndall; Michael O'Connor, CorkBIC; Pete Smyth, Broadlake and Jim Barry, Barry Group